Supply Chain Planner
MeiraGTx is a clinical-stage gene therapy company focused on developing potentially curative treatments for patients living with serious diseases. We currently have six programs in clinical development including three ocular indications, a salivary gland condition, and a Parkinson’s disease program. Our initial focus on diseases of the eye, salivary gland and central nervous system is based on the significant unmet medical need coupled with the high potential gene therapy has to provide meaningful clinical benefit in these areas. With headquarters in New York and London, our global footprint provides us the opportunity to partner with leading institutions around the world, allowing us to deepen our understanding of diseases and their progression.
Our team was built with deep expertise in gene therapy development, allowing us to efficiently advance our programs from preclinical to clinical development. Our core capabilities in viral vector design and optimization and gene therapy manufacturing give us a differentiated approach to developing gene therapies. Additionally, we are developing proprietary technology to potentially enable innovative gene therapy treatments whose expression can be turned on and off with an easily administered small molecule. We believe temporal control of gene therapy products has the potential to transform the gene therapy landscape.
Our state-of-the-art manufacturing facility, completed in early 2018, was designed to meet global regulatory requirements, including the current good manufacturing practices (cGMP) required by the Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency (MHRA) in the UK and the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA). The 29,000-square foot facility has the flexibility and capacity to produce sufficient product for all our clinical trials and will scale to commercial capacity.
Purpose of Job
The Supply Chain Planner is responsible for the planning and coordination of product supply (clinical & commercial) activities for all goods manufactured at MeiraGTx UK. This is achieved through actively partnering with a number of functions across the business such as Supply Chain, Manufacturing, Engineering, Quality and Finance.
The role encompasses 2 main responsibilities which can be described as:
- Translation of the manufacturing supply plan (52 week outlook) into the MRP/ERP system. Working closely alongside the WH Operations Coordinator to ensure minimum inventory levels are maintained at all times, as well as working closely alongside the Clinical Supply Rep to ensure demand is fully understood and any changes are quickly and efficiently accounted for.
- Developing and maintaining manufacturing schedules for the 13 week window & finite production scheduling of the 2 week window. Owner of the production scheduling processes and ensuring all inputs are full understood and planned for.
- Serve as the primary contact for all supply planning and production scheduling related activity within the UK Supply Chain Team
- Design, build and embed new Supply Chain systems to drive excellence across the business and to improve supply chain performance
- Identify medium term demand and supply challenges (13 week window) and ensure these are fully understood by key stakeholders within the business
- Ensure annual inventory targets are maintained at all times and any deviations from target are understood by key stakeholders with action mitigation plans in place. Ensuring agreed inventory target data is accurate within MRP/ERP system at all times
- Maintaining inventory on hand forecast data held within MRP/ERP system and translating this into relevant business processes
- Running the Supply Plan process within the MRP/ERP system and translating the data into the appropriate business processes
- Working closely alongside the WH Operations Coordinator to ensure materials ordering process is aligned with manufacturing plans
- Develop manufacturing plans at a 13 week horizon and ensure all inputs and risks are fully understood, with actions being tracked to mitigate impact. Act as the owner of these documents and the lead facilitator of business process meetings relating to their creation and use
- Develop finite production schedules at a 2 week horizon and ensure sign off is achieved by all key stakeholders ahead of issuing locked production plan. Act as the owner of these documents and the lead facilitator of business process meetings relating to their creation and use
- Develop appropriate scenarios in relation to supply plans as a result of dealing with high levels of volatility and complexity
- Support continuous improvement initiatives to improve the efficiency of existing processes and enable cost and waste reduction
- Performs all other duties as assigned
Key Performance Indicators
- Actual Inventory vs Agreed Inventory Targets
- Scheduling Right First Time
- Adherence to Manufacturing Master Plan
Key Job Competencies
- Analytical – synthesizes complex or diverse information; collects and researches data; uses intuition and experience to compliment data; designs work flows and procedures
- Change Management – Develops workable implementation plans; communicates changes effectively; builds commitment and overcomes resistance; prepares and supports those affected by change; monitors transition and evaluates results
- Leadership – exhibits confidence in self and others; effectively influences actions and opinions of others
- Motivation – sets and achieves challenging goals; demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles; measures self against standard of excellence;
- Problem Solving – identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; able to gather and analyze information; develops alternative solutions; works well in group problem solving situations
- Planning/Organizing – prioritizes and plans work activities; uses time efficiently; plans for additional resources; sets goals and objectives
- Professionalism – approaches others in a tactful manner; reacts well under pressure; treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; accepts responsibility for own actions; follows through on commitments.
- Quality Management – looks for ways to improve and promote quality; demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Innovation – meets challenges with resourcefulness; generates suggestions for improving work; develops innovative approaches and ideas.
- Oral Communication – speaks clearly; listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions; demonstrates good presentation skills; participates effectively in meetings.
- Written Communication – writes clearly and informatively; edits work for spelling and grammar; varies writing style to meet needs; presents numerical data effectively; able to read and interpret written information.
- University degree in Business Management, Logistics, or a related field
- Significant (3+ years) experience in Supply Chain/Production Scheduling type roles, preferably in the pharmaceutical or other regulated industry
- Proven ability to lead and influence cross-functional teams in a matrix environment
- Operational (manufacturing site based) experience is preferred
- Highly proficient with MRP/ERP systems such as SAP, NetSuite etc
- Highly proficient with Microsoft applications (Excel, Word, Powerpoint etc)
- Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues and peers from a range of functions and backgrounds in a results-driven, team-oriented environment
- Ability to deal with volatility, ambiguity and complexity. Anticipate potential risks and quickly develop mitigation plans and appropriate scenarios to support senior decision making