IT Senior Systems Engineer
MeiraGTx is a clinical-stage gene therapy company focused on developing potentially curative treatments for patients living with serious diseases. We currently have six programs in clinical development including three ocular indications, a salivary gland condition, and a Parkinson’s disease program. Our initial focus on diseases of the eye, salivary gland and central nervous system is based on the significant unmet medical need coupled with the high potential gene therapy has to provide meaningful clinical benefit in these areas. With headquarters in New York and London, our global footprint provides us the opportunity to partner with leading institutions around the world, allowing us to deepen our understanding of diseases and their progression.
Our team was built with deep expertise in gene therapy development, allowing us to efficiently advance our programs from preclinical to clinical development. Our core capabilities in viral vector design and optimization and gene therapy manufacturing give us a differentiated approach to developing gene therapies. Additionally, we are developing proprietary technology to potentially enable innovative gene therapy treatments whose expression can be turned on and off with an easily administered small molecule. We believe temporal control of gene therapy products has the potential to transform the gene therapy landscape.
Our state-of-the-art manufacturing facility, completed in early 2018, was designed to meet global regulatory requirements, including the current good manufacturing practices (cGMP) required by the Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency (MHRA) in the UK and the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA). The 29,000-square foot facility has the flexibility and capacity to produce sufficient product for all our clinical trials and will scale to commercial capacity.
Purpose of Job
Reporting to the global Director, IT, this role will oversee MeiraGTx US IT operation and support functions, including networks, servers, data centers, security, the implementation of IT policies and procedures, and the provision of technical support to MeiraGTx US end users.
The post holder will work closely with the Director, IT to deliver comprehensive, reliable, secure and sustainable solutions to support the business.
Daily and Monthly Responsibilities
- Perform server administration tasks, including user/group administration, security permissions, group policies, print services, research event log warnings and errors, and resource monitoring, ensuring system architecture components work together seamlessly
- Monitor company wide datacenters health using preexisting management tools and respond to hardware issues as they arise; help build, test, and maintain new servers as needed
- Maintain internal infrastructure requirements including, laptop and desktop computers, servers, routers, switches, firewalls, printers, phones, security updates, support internet, intranet, LANs, WANs, and all remote network segments in the US, UK, Ireland, NL, Belgium offices
- Interact with the help desk and other teams to assist in troubleshooting, identify root cause, and provide technical support
- Perform routine/scheduled audits of the systems, including all backups & health checks
- Enforce system use policies & procedures for all things IT
- Enforce & maintain disaster recovery plan(s) & mitigation strategies
- Maintaining documentation runbooks for the entire IT infrastructure
- Incident detection, response & mitigation
- Training all staff on software & hardware
- Prepare detailed software & hardware specifications including diagrams, equipment configurations.
- Top level technical support & consult for all things IT.
- + implementation and support of security best practices
- + Mazes
Skills and Qualifications
- 10+ years of proven work experience in network design & security
- 5+ years of Cloud/Hybrid IT infrastructure design, support & maintenance
- Expert knowledge of networking principles including routing, subnets, TCP, IP, VLANs, and UDP, demonstrated understanding of every layer of the OSI model
- 15+ years of proven work experience in all major operating systems (desktop, workstation, server) (Linux, Windows, OSX)
- 5+ years of demonstrated administrative level function of iOS, Android & associated devices. All aspects of operation, configuration, backup & best practices
- Experience with or knowledge of programming languages is a huge plus including but not limited to (HTML, Java, Python, PHP, PERL)
- Demonstrated O365/Microsoft Administrative skillset for Exchange, Sharepoint etc.
- Demonstrated understanding of current equipment and technologies & forward design with forefront technologies, enterprise level backup and recovery procedures, system performance-monitoring tools, active directory, virtualization, content delivery systems
- Experience in project management, application design and integration, and cloud computing (specifically Microsoft Azure) & AD hybrid system design
- Expertise in creating, analyzing, and repairing large-scale distributed systems
- Creating volumes, assigning to servers and remote replication
- Demonstrated experience in a high‐availability and mission critical environment
- Demonstrated experience with automation/configuration software including but not limited to (Ansible, Puppet, Nagios, CRON, etc)
- Familiarity with SQL & database operations
- Solid verbal and written communication skills
- Incredible deductive reasoning skills
- Ability to prioritize a wide range of workloads with critical deadlines
- 24/7 Availability to work on emergency items
- Excellent critical thinking & problem-solving skills
- Patient and professional demeanor with a can-do attitude
Preferred professional certifications:
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MSCE)
- CCENT, CCNA, CCDA, CCNP, CCDP (any and all preferred)
- Azure Fundamentals, Administrator Associate
- Microsoft 365 Fundamentals
- Linux+ CompTIA
- RHCE (RedHat certified engineer)
- LFCS (Linux foundation Certified System Administrator
Please send resumes to: email@example.com