Warehouse Operations Coordinator
MeiraGTx is a clinical-stage gene therapy company focused on developing potentially curative treatments for patients living with serious diseases. We currently have six programs in clinical development including three ocular indications, a salivary gland condition, and a Parkinson’s disease program. Our initial focus on diseases of the eye, salivary gland and central nervous system is based on the significant unmet medical need coupled with the high potential gene therapy has to provide meaningful clinical benefit in these areas. With headquarters in New York and London, our global footprint provides us the opportunity to partner with leading institutions around the world, allowing us to deepen our understanding of diseases and their progression.
Our team was built with deep expertise in gene therapy development, allowing us to efficiently advance our programs from preclinical to clinical development. Our core capabilities in viral vector design and optimization and gene therapy manufacturing give us a differentiated approach to developing gene therapies. Additionally, we are developing proprietary technology to potentially enable innovative gene therapy treatments whose expression can be turned on and off with an easily administered small molecule. We believe temporal control of gene therapy products has the potential to transform the gene therapy landscape.
Our state-of-the-art manufacturing facility, completed in early 2018, was designed to meet global regulatory requirements, including the current good manufacturing practices (cGMP) required by the Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency (MHRA) in the UK and the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA). The 29,000-square foot facility has the flexibility and capacity to produce sufficient product for all our clinical trials and will scale to commercial capacity.
Purpose of Job:
- To assist the Warehouse Manager with the day to day activities for the warehouse (at multiple locations), adhering to cGMP/regulatory guidelines.
- Stores product by designating storage areas; adjusting storage areas according to production and shipping requirements; updating location database.
- Prepares product for shipment by verifying locations and documentations; directing movement to staging area; resolving problems.
- Perform periodic inventory checks to ensure the accuracy of database information and minimize the risk of inventory issues.
- Verifies product inventory reports by comparing logs and reports; adjusting entries.
- Documents actions by completing forms, reports, logs, and records; maintaining databases.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities.
- Ensure all materials are picked and ready to transfer to the operations as described in the manufacturing schedule.
- Work in accordance to cGMP
- To assist or to lead in Material Impact Assessment, Change Request, scheduling or other Supply Chain related meetings, purchasing of materials, and interaction with suppliers.
- Ensure delivery schedule is maintained and promptly alert the Warehouse Manager if a delay occurs or is likely to.
- To assist the Warehouse Manager in assigning the weekly rota and responsibilities within the warehouse. Ensure responsibilities are followed by the warehouse team members, and any issues to be discussed in the daily meetings with the team.
- To lead the team meetings in absence of the Warehouse Manager.
- Support/contribute to the teams’ effectiveness to meet operational requirements of new Warehousing and Distribution facilities
- Communicate effectively with all stakeholders in a supportive manner
- Maintain stock accuracy of MeiraGTx warehouse locations, Support inventory discrepancies through cycle counts and root cause investigations
- Assist with the end to end process of all warehousing activity
- Assist with troubleshooting any issues with supply of materials for the operation
- Provide support and business improvements for written procedures, SOPs etc.
- Accountable for own Continuous Professional Development to maintain up-to-date knowledge of new technical developments relevant to own area of expertise. Proactively share knowledge with all others who may benefit from it
- Coordinate the transfer of materials between warehouse locations as required
- Maintain inventory reports and documentation to ensure accurate record keeping for material
Key Performance Indicators
- GMP Materials provided as required, Stock levels maintained
- Products shipped as required to GDP requirements
- Facility cleaned and maintained to the required standard
- To support regulatory inspections and ensure the warehouse is compliant with GMP standards
Key Job Competencies:
- Significant warehouse and supply chain experience in the Pharmaceutical manufacturing industry, or in a similarly regulated industry
- Demonstrable a can-do attitude
- Customer service skills with internal and external stakeholders
- Diligent with an eye for detail
- Teamwork, Coordination, Organisation, Planning, Time Management, Reporting Skills, Inventory Control, Documentation Skills, Data Entry Skills, Dependability, Supervision
- Staff Management – Assisting Warehouse Manager
- Financial Authority – None
- Stock accuracy – Day to day stock control management and inventory counts
- High degree of accuracy, numeracy, literacy and provides a clear sense enthusiasm and energy
- Previous proven Pharmaceutical/cGMP warehouse experience, including materials management and materials planning.
- A good understanding of all Health and Safety regulations appertaining to the warehouse function
- Computer literate with Microsoft applications and ERP systems.
- Competent understanding of incoterms and logistics requirements, specifically cold chain supply
- Challenges the status quo in a constructive and collaborative manner
- Actively seeks views and opinions of others, with respect and understanding for diversity
- Encourages initiative and the need for change
- An innovative and creative thinker who can turn theoretical ideas into practical actions
- Works and thinks in a lean and agile manner
- A team player, but who can also work on their own initiative. Willingness to help, support, and develop oneself