MeiraGTx is a clinical-stage gene therapy company focused on developing potentially curative treatments for patients living with serious diseases. We currently have six programs in clinical development including three ocular indications, a salivary gland condition, and a Parkinson’s disease program. Our initial focus on diseases of the eye, salivary gland and central nervous system is based on the significant unmet medical need coupled with the high potential gene therapy has to provide meaningful clinical benefit in these areas. With headquarters in New York and London, our global footprint provides us the opportunity to partner with leading institutions around the world, allowing us to deepen our understanding of diseases and their progression.
Our team was built with deep expertise in gene therapy development, allowing us to efficiently advance our programs from preclinical to clinical development. Our core capabilities in viral vector design and optimization and gene therapy manufacturing give us a differentiated approach to developing gene therapies. Additionally, we are developing proprietary technology to potentially enable innovative gene therapy treatments whose expression can be turned on and off with an easily administered small molecule. We believe temporal control of gene therapy products has the potential to transform the gene therapy landscape.
Our state-of-the-art manufacturing facility, completed in early 2018, was designed to meet global regulatory requirements, including the current good manufacturing practices (cGMP) required by the Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency (MHRA) in the UK and the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA). The 29,000-square foot facility has the flexibility and capacity to produce sufficient product for all our clinical trials and will scale to commercial capacity.
We are seeking motivated and enthusiastic technicians to join our growing research and development team. The applicant should have extensive laboratory experience using standard molecular and cellular biology techniques, will be required to present results and updates at project team meetings, maintain accurate and well-organized experiment records. The qualified candidate will work independently and as part of a team to closely collaborate with other team members.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Technician is responsible for:
- Maintain cultures of mammalian cell lines
- Plasmid DNA extraction and purification, quantification
- Perform cell-based assays, high throughput screening
- Analyze, interpret and present experimental results accurately, maintain clear and up-to-date experiment records
- Collaborate and interact with colleagues, complete assigned duties and lab maintenance jobs
- Comply with company training and policies
QUALIFICATIONS AND BACKGROUND REQUIREMENTS
- BS in molecular and cellular biology or related field
- Hands-on experience in mammalian cell culture and cell-based assay, a plus
- Experienced in nucleic acid extraction and purification, RT-PCR assay
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Self-motivated, energetic, well-organized and able to work in a diverse team environment