DEPARTMENT: RESEARCH & DEVELOPMENT
Purpose of Job
MeiraGTx is seeking an outstanding and motivated Ph.D. scientist to join our growing research and development team. This senior scientist position requires in-depth scientific knowledge to develop and optimize innovative gene regulation platforms. He or she will be able to design and execute experiments creatively and efficiently, and demonstrate technical leadership. The applicant will be required to present results and updates at project team meetings, maintain accurate and well-organized experiment records. The qualified candidate will work independently and as part of a team to closely collaborate with other team members in developing novel technologies.
- Design and execute assays to characterize RNA function.
- Analyze, interpret and present experimental results accurately, maintain clear and up-to-date experiment records.
- Maintain skills and knowledge in relevant biosciences up to date.
- Apply new technologies and methods to study design and execution, demonstrate technical leadership, generate laboratory protocols, trouble-shoot and solve issue in experiment.
- Collaborate and interact with colleagues, complete assigned duties.
- Comply with company training and policies.
- D. in molecular biology, biochemistry or related field, 4-5 years postdoctoral laboratory experience is preferred.
- In-depth knowledge and hands-on experience in RNA biology and gene regulation.
- Strong expertise in RNA structure probing assays.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Self-motivated, energetic and able to work in a diverse team environment.