Company – a clinical stage biotech company located in Manhattan has an opening for a new position of Senior Accountant. The Senior Accountant will report directly to the Accounting Manager and will be responsible for assisting with the company’s day to day financial activities.
Duties include assisting with:
- Day to day bookkeeping in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles
- Analyzing and preparing consolidated financial statements on a monthly basis
- Completing bank reconciliations
- Tracking and payment of invoices
- Ensuring invoices and documents are properly coded and organized
- Monthly closing report package for review by the VP-Finance
- Preparing documents for external auditors
- Controlling bill payments and accounts payable
- Bachelors degree in accounting, CPA a plus
- Strong Excel skills
- Extremely organized
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with Netsuite a plus
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package.