New York, NY
MeiraGTx is a clinical-stage gene therapy company focused on developing potentially curative treatments for patients living with serious diseases. We currently have six programs in clinical development including three ocular indications, a salivary gland condition, and a Parkinson’s disease program. Our initial focus on diseases of the eye, salivary gland and central nervous system is based on the significant unmet medical need coupled with the high potential gene therapy has to provide meaningful clinical benefit in these areas. With headquarters in New York and London, our global footprint provides us the opportunity to partner with leading institutions around the world, allowing us to deepen our understanding of diseases and their progression.
Our team was built with deep expertise in gene therapy development, allowing us to efficiently advance our programs from preclinical to clinical development. Our core capabilities in viral vector design and optimization and gene therapy manufacturing give us a differentiated approach to developing gene therapies. Additionally, we are developing proprietary technology to potentially enable innovative gene therapy treatments whose expression can be turned on and off with an easily administered small molecule. We believe temporal control of gene therapy products has the potential to transform the gene therapy landscape.
Our state-of-the-art manufacturing facility, completed in early 2018, was designed to meet global regulatory requirements, including the current good manufacturing practices (cGMP) required by the Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency (MHRA) in the UK and the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA). The 29,000-square foot facility has the flexibility and capacity to produce sufficient product for all our clinical trials and will scale to commercial capacity.
- Assist the SVP of Finance and Assistant Controller with primary accounting and reporting functions
- Provide support with external audit and SEC filings
- Assist with monthly, quarterly and annual close process including journal entries, account reconciliations, flux analysis and financial statement preparation to ensure accounts are timely and accurately reconciled, reported and in accordance with US GAAP
- Establish and maintain operating procedures within the context of existing SOX controls and company policies
- Assist in preparing budgets and forecasts and advise leadership on how departments are tracking versus the budget
- Support accounts payable and purchasing functions
- Complete ad-hoc projects as required
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent from an accredited college or university in addition to a minimum of 5 years combined experience in public and private accounting
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP and SOX
- Experience with financial statement consolidation
- Working knowledge of foreign currency transactions
- Experience with deferred tax computations is a plus
- Knowledge of NetSuite is a plus
- Proficiency with Microsoft tools (Excel, Outlook, Word and Teams)
- Experience in a multinational and/or biotech company is a plus
- Attention to detail and the ability to multitask and prioritize in a fast-paced environment, meeting deadlines in a timely manner
- Self-starter who can work well both individually and in a collaborative team-based setting
- Strong analytical, communication and problem-solving skills
Please send resumes to email@example.com