Scientist, Small Molecule Drug Discovery
New York, NY
MeiraGTx is a clinical-stage gene therapy company focused on developing potentially curative treatments for patients living with serious diseases. We currently have six programs in clinical development including three ocular indications, a salivary gland condition, and a Parkinson’s disease program. Our initial focus on diseases of the eye, salivary gland and central nervous system is based on the significant unmet medical need coupled with the high potential gene therapy has to provide meaningful clinical benefit in these areas. With headquarters in New York and London, our global footprint provides us the opportunity to partner with leading institutions around the world, allowing us to deepen our understanding of diseases and their progression.
Our team was built with deep expertise in gene therapy development, allowing us to efficiently advance our programs from preclinical to clinical development. Our core capabilities in viral vector design and optimization and gene therapy manufacturing give us a differentiated approach to developing gene therapies. Additionally, we are developing proprietary technology to potentially enable innovative gene therapy treatments whose expression can be turned on and off with an easily administered small molecule. We believe temporal control of gene therapy products has the potential to transform the gene therapy landscape.
Our state-of-the-art manufacturing facility, completed in early 2018, was designed to meet global regulatory requirements, including the current good manufacturing practices (cGMP) required by the Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency (MHRA) in the UK and the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA). The 29,000-square foot facility has the flexibility and capacity to produce sufficient product for all our clinical trials and will scale to commercial capacity.
- Lead and support set up of new high throughput lab, including testing and evaluating necessary equipment; designing and organizing lab space, etc.
- Lead and support assay development/run assay in high throughput
- Lead and support initial new lab set up and the testing/evaluation of new instruments
- Develop and conduct biochemical, cell-based and biophysical assays and high throughput screenings (HTS) using small molecule libraries.
- Independently troubleshoot equipment, including microscopes, microplate readers, automated liquid dispenser, liquid handler, spectroscope instruments, etc.
- Evaluate new technologies and approaches for HTS.
- Provide figures, presentations, and reports for experiments conducted.
- Train new hires.
- D in chemistry or biochemistry or related scientific field or M.S with 3-10 years of experience in high throughput screening lab (industry or academic).
- Experience with western blotting technology.
- Experience with HTS instruments preferred.
- Experience with biochemistry, cell biology and robotic liquid handing.
- Good organizational, communication and troubleshooting skills.
- Authorization to work in the United States indefinitely without restriction or sponsorship.
- Ability to offer novel insights re: the development of therapeutics in neurological disorders, including, but not limited to, Alzheimer’s Disease, Parkinson’s Disease, ALS, Huntington Disease, etc.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to thrive in a start-up with a demanding, fast-paced environment.
Please send resumes to email@example.com