MeiraGTx is a clinical-stage gene therapy company focused on developing potentially curative treatments for patients living with serious diseases. We currently have six programs in clinical development including three ocular indications, a salivary gland condition, and a Parkinson’s disease program. Our initial focus on diseases of the eye, salivary gland and central nervous system is based on the significant unmet medical need coupled with the high potential gene therapy has to provide meaningful clinical benefit in these areas. With headquarters in New York and London, our global footprint provides us the opportunity to partner with leading institutions around the world, allowing us to deepen our understanding of diseases and their progression.
Our team was built with deep expertise in gene therapy development, allowing us to efficiently advance our programs from preclinical to clinical development. Our core capabilities in viral vector design and optimization and gene therapy manufacturing give us a differentiated approach to developing gene therapies. Additionally, we are developing proprietary technology to potentially enable innovative gene therapy treatments whose expression can be turned on and off with an easily administered small molecule. We believe temporal control of gene therapy products has the potential to transform the gene therapy landscape.
Our state-of-the-art manufacturing facility, completed in early 2018, was designed to meet global regulatory requirements, including the current good manufacturing practices (cGMP) required by the Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency (MHRA) in the UK and the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA). The 29,000-square foot facility has the flexibility and capacity to produce sufficient product for all our clinical trials and will scale to commercial capacity.
Key Job Purpose
Procurement of services, capex, direct & indirect materials. Working closely with key stakeholders in each of the departments.
Management of key suppliers and responsible for delivery of procurement projects to agreed timelines by effectively leading negotiations and supporting the purchasing strategies which meet budgetary and other operational requirements of the company, in compliance with GMP and GDP.
- Ability to drive results, ensuring continuity of materials and services and achieving stretch targets. Develop strong, strategic relationships with critical suppliers.
- Manage commodity prices, source new suppliers and negotiate favourable terms. Perform cost analysis and set appropriate benchmarks.
- Identify cost saving opportunities and manage through to implementation. Manage risks and opportunities within the supply chain.
- Build collaborative partnerships with both internal stakeholders and external vendors.
- Lead and support successful tenders, tender evaluation, negotiations and contract awards.
- Support the supplier approval process where appropriate to ensure the right suppliers are selected for provision of existing and new goods and services.
- Identify priority areas for improvement based on material criticality, value and volume to reduce supply risks and improve material cost.
- Support the implementation/execution of proposals, strategies, initiatives, contracts & programs for the categories and suppliers.
- Participate and support cross functional working groups that deliver strategic guidance and governance across categories.
- Ensuring procurement master data accuracy in the Oracle (NetSuite) ERP system for material price and suppliers.
Key Performance Indicators
- Influence internal stakeholders and business unit associated with categories and suppliers to adopt and comply with sourcing, procurement, frameworks and practices developed and implemented.
- Implement a customer service mindset/framework with internal stakeholders to increase the likelihood of adoption and compliance of procurement practices.
- Support and drive priority areas for improvement based on material criticality, value and volume to reduce supply risks and improve material cost.
- Work with QA to ensure that existing and new suppliers are, and remain fully compliant with GMP and GDP.
- Deliver first class procurement support to internal stakeholders, securing supply of critical direct and indirect materials to support company growth plans.
Key Job Competencies
- Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative solutions and works well in group problem solving situations.
- Commercial acumen– gets involved in the support of strategic decision-making within the business as an influencer. Able to understand company finances, resourcing and the ultimate aims of the business.
- Cost Consciousness – works within approved budget; develops and implements cost saving measures; contributes to profits and revenue; conserves organizational resources.
- Motivation – sets and achieves challenging goals; demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles; measures self against standard of excellence.
- Planning/Organizing – prioritizes and plans work activities; uses time efficiently; plans for additional resources; sets goals and objectives; organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; develops realistic action plans.
- Professionalism – approaches others in a tactful manner; reacts well under pressure; treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; accepts responsibility for own actions; follows through on commitments.
- Quality Management – looks for ways to improve and promote quality; demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Innovation – displays original thinking and creativity; meets challenges with resourcefulness; generates suggestions for improving work; develops innovative approaches and ideas.
- Oral Communication – speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions; demonstrates good presentation skills; participates effectively in meetings.
- Written Communication – writes clearly and informatively; edits work for spelling and grammar; varies writing style to meet needs; presents numerical data effectively; able to read and interpret written information.
The successful candidate will have:
- Experience working within a fast-paced manufacturing environment. Exposure to quality and regulatory systems GMP & GDP.
- Strong analytical and project management skills are required.
- Demonstrated experience across a range of services, capital equipment, raw materials and finished pharmaceutical products.
- Experience in purchasing biological starting materials or other specialist technical raw materials will be a distinct advantage.
- Experience of ERP/MRP system usage a distinct advantage. Experience of commodity purchasing.
- Strong communications skills with a consultative approach to influence and negotiate with Stakeholders across the business.
- Fluent in English, another language would be desirable but not essential. Ideal Degree or working towards MCIPS qualification.