MSAT Data Analyst
LINE MANAGER / SUPERVISOR JOB TITLE / POSITION – SENIOR DIRECTOR MSAT
Purpose of Job
The purpose of the job is to support the development and improvement of new process and analytical methods and techniques within MeiraGTx MSAT group. In close collaboration with the analytical development, process development, molecular and pre-clinical development leads, you will be seen as the in-house support for computer programming.
- Using Visual Basic to develop and improve existing Excel worksheets for complex data handling and analysis
- Use programming languages such as Python and R to help write scripts for execution on liquid handling robots currently in use at MeiraGTx are the Tecan Freedom Evo 150 and Hamilton Microlab Star
- To assist in writing scripts and data handling for use in Chromatography Data system (CDS) CDS in use at MeiraGTx is Agilent OpenLab CDS
- Take a leading role in designing a results management database or data lake, potentially with a GUI, to allow easy addition, searching, trending and statistical analysis of data sets within a large data pool
- Develop automated reporting tools for data trends and statistical process control
- Support process improvements across the MSAT department
- Support general data and computer related queries
- Perform roll out and training on the use of templates, scripts and data analysis tools
Key Performance Indicators
- Adherence to project timelines and budgets
- Supporting systems related to the development groups
Key Job Competencies
- Analytical mindset- Synthesizes complex or diverse information; collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to compliment data; designs workflows and procedures.
- Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative solutions; works well in group problem solving situations; uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Change Management – Develops workable implementation plans; communicates changes effectively; builds commitment and overcomes resistance; prepares and supports those affected by change; monitors transition and evaluates results.
- Motivation – Sets and achieves challenging goals; demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles; measures self against standard of excellence.
- Planning/Organizing – Prioritizes and plans work activities; uses time efficiently; plans for additional resources; sets goals and objectives; organizes or schedules their tasks; develops realistic action plans.
- Professionalism – Approaches others in a tactful manner; reacts well under pressure; treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; accepts responsibility for own actions; follows through on commitments.
- Innovation – Displays original thinking and creativity; meets challenges with resourcefulness; generates suggestions for improving work; develops innovative approaches and ideas.
- Oral Communication – Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions; demonstrates good presentation skills; participates effectively in meetings.
- Written Communication – Writes clearly and informatively; edits work for spelling and grammar; varies writing style to meet needs; presents numerical data effectively; able to read and interpret written information.
- Adherence to budgets and timelines
- Drafting software plans and reports to fit with end user requirements
- Support day-to-day work within the MSAT group
- Degree level qualification in programming or related areas
- Ability to code in visual basic
- Ability to code in languages such as Python, R, C++, Java etc
- Knowledge of database languages such as SQL.
- Knowledge of visualization tools such as Python Pandas library or Tableau
- Knowledge of statistics and statistical software and languages such as JMP and SAS