Lab Manager and Technician, Small Molecule Drug Discovery
New York, NY
MeiraGTx is a clinical-stage gene therapy company focused on developing potentially curative treatments for patients living with serious diseases. We currently have six programs in clinical development including three ocular indications, a salivary gland condition, and a Parkinson’s disease program. Our initial focus on diseases of the eye, salivary gland and central nervous system is based on the significant unmet medical need coupled with the high potential gene therapy has to provide meaningful clinical benefit in these areas. With headquarters in New York and London, our global footprint provides us the opportunity to partner with leading institutions around the world, allowing us to deepen our understanding of diseases and their progression.
Our team was built with deep expertise in gene therapy development, allowing us to efficiently advance our programs from preclinical to clinical development. Our core capabilities in viral vector design and optimization and gene therapy manufacturing give us a differentiated approach to developing gene therapies. Additionally, we are developing proprietary technology to potentially enable innovative gene therapy treatments whose expression can be turned on and off with an easily administered small molecule. We believe temporal control of gene therapy products has the potential to transform the gene therapy landscape.
Our state-of-the-art manufacturing facility, completed in early 2018, was designed to meet global regulatory requirements, including the current good manufacturing practices (cGMP) required by the Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency (MHRA) in the UK and the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA). The 29,000-square foot facility has the flexibility and capacity to produce sufficient product for all our clinical trials and will scale to commercial capacity.
- Support the development, implementation and operation of a new high throughput lab.
- Help with daily lab supplies and all equipment-related activities.
- Provide direct professional support of research activities by working closely with scientists.
- Manage day-to-day operations including checking/ordering basic labware and maintaining lab storage.
- Manage all shipping/receiving.
- Manage and support integration of small molecule database with IT.
- Purchase lab, IT equipment and daily supplies as needed.
- Track and organize preventative maintenance, calibration and troubleshooting of equipment.
- Oversee lab safety and regulatory compliance.
- Coordinate removal of hazardous waste by external vendors.
- Prepare samples and execute experimental designs provided by scientists.
- Maintain and use automated equipment for limited lab activities.
- Document conditions of equipment and execute experiments within electronic lab notebook.
- Perform bench work as needed.
- S in chemistry or biochemistry or related scientific field or 3-10 years of experience in chemistry laboratory roles.
- General understanding of chemistry and biochemistry nomenclature.
- Ability to thrive in a demanding, fast-paced, start-up environment.
- Good organizational and communication skills.
- Authorization to work in the United States indefinitely without restriction or sponsorship.