Purpose of Job
Ensure that the MeiraGTx IT Department runs smoothly to provide support for business activities, by managing tasks and services to ensure that all teams within the business have the resources they need.
Supporting the IT Manager with the ordering of equipment, setting up profiles and equipment for new staff and the daily running of the IT department. The candidate should be welcoming and present a positive image of the company.
The candidate should have at the very minimum a “Jr. Systems Administrator” level of skillset proficient in:
- Windows Server 2012+
- Windows 7,10 OS’s & Mac OSX experience preferred
- Active Directory/LDAP basics (AD competency basics; time server, DHCP/DNS, replication, GPOs, NTFS permissions, sharing and security, group policy, PowerShell basics.)
- CompTIA/CCENT or equivalent networking experience as a minimum
- Office365 use of all apps & administration (certification would be a plus)
- Spam, Malware, Antivirus mitigation, rollout of services, basic security fundamentals
- Basic server storage knowledge, backup sets
- VMware knowledge & or certification
- FANTASTIC customer service skills
- Mobile device knowledge of both iOS & Android, MDM policy creation & rollout experience is a plus.
Key Performance Indicators
- IT systems are used operationally in compliance with GxP requirements
- Ensure all staff have an appropriate IT equipment to enable them to work efficiently
- IT assets are accounted for and logged in an appropriate manner
Key Job Competencies
- Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative solutions and works well in group problem-solving situations.
- Change Management – Develops workable implementation plans; communicates changes simply and effectively; builds commitment and overcomes resistance; prepares and supports those affected by change; monitors transition and evaluates results.
- Motivation – sets and achieves challenging goals; demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles; measures self against standard of excellence;
- Planning/Organizing – prioritizes and plans work activities; uses time efficiently; plans for additional resources; sets goals and objectives; organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; develops realistic action plans.
- Professionalism – approaches others in a tactful manner; reacts well under pressure; treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; accepts responsibility for own actions; follows through on commitments.
- Oral Communication – speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions; demonstrates good presentation skills; participates effectively in meetings.
- Written Communication – writes clearly and informatively; edits work for spelling and grammar; varies writing style to meet needs; presents numerical data effectively; able to read and interpret written information.
- You will be comfortable dealing with a wide range of people and able to carry out administrative duties with accuracy and speed.
- Proficiency in Active Directory, Office 365, Windows 10 with experience of Windows Server 2012.