DEPARTMENT: RESEARCH & DEVELOPMENT
Purpose of Job
MeiraGTx is seeking a highly skilled and motivated scientist to join our growing research and development team. The applicant should have extensive laboratory experiences using standard molecular biology techniques, will be required to present results and updates at project team meetings, maintain accurate and well-organized experiment records. The qualified candidate will work independently and as part of a team to closely collaborate with other team members.
- Maintain cultures of mammalian cell lines
- Plasmid DNA extraction and purification, quantification.
- Perform cell-based assays, mammalian cell transfection, viral infection.
- Analyze, interpret and present experimental results accurately, maintain clear and up-to-date experiment records.
- Maintain skills and knowledge in relevant biosciences up to date.
- Collaborate and interact with colleagues, complete assigned duties.
- Comply with company training and policies.
- Master degree or equivalent with 3+ experience in molecular and cellular biology or related field.
- Highly experienced in mammalian cell culture and transfection.
- Highly experienced in molecular biology techniques such as nucleic acid extraction and purification, RT-PCR, molecular cloning.
- Experience in immunoassays such as ELISA, flow cytometry and Western blot.
- Highly proficient in designing and executing experiments.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Self-motivated, energetic, well-organized and able to work in a diverse team environment.