Accounts Payable & Accounting Specialist
New York, NY
MeiraGTx is a clinical-stage gene therapy company focused on developing potentially curative treatments for patients living with serious diseases. We currently have six programs in clinical development including three ocular indications, a salivary gland condition, and a Parkinson’s disease program. Our initial focus on diseases of the eye, salivary gland and central nervous system is based on the significant unmet medical need coupled with the high potential gene therapy has to provide meaningful clinical benefit in these areas. With headquarters in New York and London, our global footprint provides us the opportunity to partner with leading institutions around the world, allowing us to deepen our understanding of diseases and their progression.
Our team was built with deep expertise in gene therapy development, allowing us to efficiently advance our programs from preclinical to clinical development. Our core capabilities in viral vector design and optimization and gene therapy manufacturing give us a differentiated approach to developing gene therapies. Additionally, we are developing proprietary technology to potentially enable innovative gene therapy treatments whose expression can be turned on and off with an easily administered small molecule. We believe temporal control of gene therapy products has the potential to transform the gene therapy landscape.
Our state-of-the-art manufacturing facility, completed in early 2018, was designed to meet global regulatory requirements, including the current good manufacturing practices (cGMP) required by the Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency (MHRA) in the UK and the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA). The 29,000-square foot facility has the flexibility and capacity to produce sufficient product for all our clinical trials and will scale to commercial capacity.
- Manage all day-to-day financial processes, including processing of invoices, purchase orders, supplier queries, and account reconciliations
- Analyze and accurately code invoices to the correct G/L accounts and workflows
- Research and resolve payment issues and past due statements with vendors
- Maintain a well-organized electronic filing system
- Communicate with the finance team, employees, and external suppliers to resolve any finance related queries within a timely manner
- Perform activities related to month end closing including account reconciliations, preparation of standard monthly accruals and prepaids, reallocations, and other month end journals
- Provide support with external audit
- Assist in maintenance and implementation of internal controls
- Assist with the development, implementation and maintenance of systems, procedures, documents, and processes
- Complete ad-hoc projects as required
- Minimum of two years of relevant work experience in accounts payable and accounting
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, with strong Excel skills
- Experience in a multinational and/or biotech company is a plus
- Knowledge of NetSuite is a plus
- Attention to detail and the ability to multitask and prioritize in a fast-paced environment, meeting deadlines in a timely manner
- Self-starter who can work well both individually and in a collaborative team-based setting
- Strong analytical, communication and problem-solving skills