MeiraGTx is a clinical-stage gene therapy company focused on developing potentially curative treatments for patients living with serious diseases. We currently have six programs in clinical development including three ocular indications, a salivary gland condition, and a Parkinson’s disease program. Our initial focus on diseases of the eye, salivary gland and central nervous system is based on the significant unmet medical need coupled with the high potential gene therapy has to provide meaningful clinical benefit in these areas. With headquarters in New York and London, our global footprint provides us the opportunity to partner with leading institutions around the world, allowing us to deepen our understanding of diseases and their progression.
Our team was built with deep expertise in gene therapy development, allowing us to efficiently advance our programs from preclinical to clinical development. Our core capabilities in viral vector design and optimization and gene therapy manufacturing give us a differentiated approach to developing gene therapies. Additionally, we are developing proprietary technology to potentially enable innovative gene therapy treatments whose expression can be turned on and off with an easily administered small molecule. We believe temporal control of gene therapy products has the potential to transform the gene therapy landscape.
Our state-of-the-art manufacturing facility, completed in early 2018, was designed to meet global regulatory requirements, including the current good manufacturing practices (cGMP) required by the Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency (MHRA) in the UK and the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA). The 29,000-square foot facility has the flexibility and capacity to produce sufficient product for all our clinical trials and will scale to commercial capacity.
MeiraGTx is seeking an Operations Assistant to be based in its New York City headquarters. The candidate will work closely with the operations manager to oversee and coordinate daily business activities and facility operations. The candidate will also take the lead role in assisting with the setup of new and planned visual assessment facilities for clinical trials, including finding vendors, ordering supplies, arranging for signage/utilities/janitorial services and communicating with property managers and on-site technicians as needed. The candidate should be comfortable jumping from executive support to hands-on office tasks at any given time in this busy and growing workplace. The role is intended for a proactive, detail-oriented, flexible utility player who can take on multiple assigned projects while supporting the operations manager with everyday office maintenance and upkeep.
- Liaise with executives, clinical trial managers and lab staff to ensure all needs are met
- Submit purchase orders for operations and IT departments
- Onboard vendors to deliver services to remote visual assessment facilities (e.g. utilities, janitorial, contractors)
- Coordinate with onsite technicians and vendors to ensure smooth operation of remote visual assessment facilities
- Submit maintenance/engineering requests via building-sponsored web portal
- Organize virtual meetings via Zoom or Microsoft Teams
- Arrange travel and accommodations for executives when needed
- Help plan and organize on and off-site company events/meetings, holiday parties and employee engagement activities (post-Covid)
- Assist IT and HR with the onboarding of new hires
- Receive/distribute mail and prepare FedEx/UPS packages when necessary
- Assist off-site/remote employees with home office supply needs
- Ensure office and pantry supplies are well-stocked and organized
- Experience in an office environment preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications
- Tech savvy with the ability to handle minor IT tasks
- Ability to prioritize and work effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Creative and resourceful problem solver
- Proficient at multi-tasking and willing to take on new projects
- Well-organized with a persistent attention to detail and the need for follow up
- Ability to think creatively and outside the box
- Positive attitude with a willingness to learn
- Self-starter with strong interpersonal and organizational skills
Comprehensive employee benefits package includes health/dental/vision, 401K, commuter benefits and NYC campus crosstown shuttle.
Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org