MeiraGTx is a clinical-stage gene therapy company focused on developing potentially curative treatments for patients living with serious diseases. We currently have six programs in clinical development including three ocular indications, a salivary gland condition, and a Parkinson’s disease program. Our initial focus on diseases of the eye, salivary gland and central nervous system is based on the significant unmet medical need coupled with the high potential gene therapy has to provide meaningful clinical benefit in these areas. With headquarters in New York and London, our global footprint provides us the opportunity to partner with leading institutions around the world, allowing us to deepen our understanding of diseases and their progression.
Our team was built with deep expertise in gene therapy development, allowing us to efficiently advance our programs from preclinical to clinical development. Our core capabilities in viral vector design and optimization and gene therapy manufacturing give us a differentiated approach to developing gene therapies. Additionally, we are developing proprietary technology to potentially enable innovative gene therapy treatments whose expression can be turned on and off with an easily administered small molecule. We believe temporal control of gene therapy products has the potential to transform the gene therapy landscape.
Our state-of-the-art manufacturing facility, completed in early 2018, was designed to meet global regulatory requirements, including the current good manufacturing practices (cGMP) required by the Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency (MHRA) in the UK and the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA). The 29,000-square foot facility has the flexibility and capacity to produce sufficient product for all our clinical trials and will scale to commercial capacity.
Purpose of Job
The position will support the Irish manufacturing site, its local management and the London-based finance team in all aspects of the finance activities for the site. The role will have a specific focus on providing cost accounting, reporting & analysis, budgeting and strategic planning.
Aligned with the Finance culture there is an ongoing focus on continual improvement and the development of processes both within and throughout the wider MeiraGTx business.
- Develop and establish the Ireland manufacturing cost accounting system & provide financial, commercial support and training to the wider MeiraGTx business.
- Develop and establish inventory costings to support the pricing of contracts, financial reporting and the appropriate valuation of materials, WIP and finished products.
- Develop and establish system capabilities to track, review and report on direct materials, direct labor and fixed and variable manufacturing overhead information.
- Develop and establish reporting for key areas including product costing, material usage, costed bill of materials, purchase price variances, factory yield, volume + rate variances, stock counts, margin variance, MRP.
- Provide financial support to system implementation initiatives and enhancements to the ERP/MRP system.
- Participate in month-end financial reporting requirements.
- Participate in corporate budgeting and forecasting.
- Support internal procure to pay processes to deliver accurate cost coding of transactions.
- Responsible for ensuring adequate controls of assets including inventory and equipment.
- Support internal and external financial audits.
- Support SOX controls environment including documentation and application of controls.
- Help to drive process improvement and create recommendations to be presented to management and executives.
- Proactively engage with key business stakeholders and provide financial performance (e.g. budget vs actual).
Key Performance Indicators
- Provision of accurate and efficient reporting of manufacturing operations.
- Provide key operational and financial variance analysis to management and key stakeholders.
- Successful and efficient implementation of cost accounting models leveraging MRP system.
- Provision of accurate and timely inputs and reconciliations to month-end financial reporting.
Key Job Competencies
- Qualified accountant with proven work experience in the cost accounting area;
- Relevant industry experience including demonstrated manufacturing sector experience.
- Proven experience with costing systems including the deployment or development of an MRP / Manufacturing costing system.
- Proven experience in the development of costing methodologies, standard costs and variance reporting.
- Ability to build models to capture and analyze large volumes of data whilst maintaining understanding of underlying detail.
- Ability to effectively communicate with all operational areas and at all levels.
- Strong organizational, time management skills and ability to work well under pressure.
- Strong quantitative and analytical competency.
- Can-do attitude and ability to drive process improvements.
- Ability to work autonomously but seek direction as required.
- Experience within NetSuite would be an advantage, however not necessary.